Who Gets the Food?
19 local food pantries currently get the food collected by the Portland Food Project.
The Southeast Community Food Pantry & Clothes, Inc., SECC, at 5535 S.E. Rhone St. This local food bank provides emergency food boxes to any person or family “who find themselves in difficulties because their basic needs cannot be met due to economic hardship.” They serve nearly 400 people each month, most from Southeast Portland.
The Kelly School SUN Pantry at 9030 S.E. Cooper St. This food pantry —which was featured in Parade magazine — provides food boxes (with enough food for five days of meals) to about 40 local people a month. SUN stands for “Schools Uniting Neighborhoods.”
- Francis Center at 6835 SE 82nd Avenue. Food pantry service hours: Mondays through Thursdays 10am-1:45pm.
- Holy Family Parish at 3732 SE Knapp St. operates an active food pantry located in the NW corner of the Parish Center, serving over 450 families per year in its weekly operations, plus another 100 families in its Christmas Food Box program.
- St. Timothy Lutheran Church at 14500 S.E. Powell Blvd distributes food, Pantry Style to their neighbors on the first three Fridays of every month starting at 9:30 am.
- Northeast Emergence Food Program at 4800 NE 72nd Avenue meets the urgent food needs of their north and northeast Portland neighbors while working to develop community solutions to secure access to adequate, affordable and healthy food.
- Casa Trinidad at 5606 NE Killingsworth St. The food pantry is open Wednesday-Friday 4 pm-5 pm.
- Hereford House at 7704 N Hereford Avenue is a nonprofit social services agency founded in 2002 in north Portland. They provide food and clothing for those in need, serving 350-500 people every week.
- Bethel Community Care Food Program at 5828 NE 8th Avenue, 503.288.5429.
- House Forward Dekum Court at 2424 NE Morgan St. offers individuals and families supplemental groceries. Clients receive bags of food with non-perishable food items from most of the food groups as well as bread and fresh produce when available.
- Sharon Community Services at 5209 NE 22nd Avenue. Open the last 2 Saturdays of the month 2:00pm - 4:00pm.
- Lift Urban Portland at 1808 NW Irving St. Pantry visitors may visit our choice-based pantry once a month and select from canned goods, and categories of pasta, meats, and produce. Recipients must be within eligible income guidelines, and live at a Northwest Portland address or in the triangle bounded by W Burnside, SW Broadway and SW Market.
- The Sexual & Gender Minority Youth Resource Center (SMYRC) at 2450 NE Sandy Blvd. has a fully functional kitchen with a food pantry.
- St. Johns Food Share at 8100 N Lombard St. Serving low-income residents of Multnomah & Clark county.
- Birch Community Services, 17780 NE San Rafael Street. Open Monday & Wednesday 12:45 to 6:00pm, Friday 12:45 to 4:30pm.
- Neighborhood House S.W. Multnomah Village at 7780 SW Capitol Hwy. This food pantry gives families or households one emergency food box per month. The food box will contain food for breakfast, lunch and dinner (as available). The food box is intended to supply families with enough food for 3-5 days.
- Annie Ross House Northwest Housing Alternatives, 2316 SE Willard St.
Milwaukie, OR. 503.654.1007 ext. 100
- King's Cupboard Food Pantry, 5501 SE Thiessen Road, Milwaukie, OR. 503.659.0990. Open the 2nd & 4th Thursdays (except holidays), from 3:00 to 6:00pm.
- Portland Open Bible Church Pantry, 3223 SE 92nd Avenue. 503.442.8228. Open Tuesdays 5:00pm. to 7:00pm. Thursdays 10:00am. to 2:00pm.
2017 Pickup Dates:
- Saturday, February 11th
- Saturday, April 8th
- Saturday, June 10th
- Saturday, August 12th
- Saturday, October 14th
- Saturday, December 9th
Most Needed Items:
- Peanut Butter
- Cooking Oil
- Hearty Soups
- Canned Meat
- Canned Fruit
- Canned Beans
- Dried Beans
- Pinto Beans
- Canned Corn
- Brown Rice
- Long Grain White Rice
- Plain Stewed Tomatoes
- Fruit Cocktail
- Side Dishes
- Soy Milk
- Canned Milk
- Side Dishes (Hamburger Helper, Rice-a-Roni, etc.)
Especially for Seniors
- Dried Fruits
- Ready made jell-o & pudding
- Ensure protein drinks
- Low-sodium Pull-tab Soups
- Low-sodium Single-
- Low-sodium Crackers
- Green Tea (regular and decaf)
- Canned Vegetables
- Hard Candies
- Toilet Paper